Alive Naturalsound Records

Independent record label based in LA. Home to The Black Keys, Two Gallants, Buffalo Killers, Radio Moscow, Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires, Hacienda, John The Conqueror, Brian Olive, Black Diamond Heavies, Left Lane Cruiser, T-Model Ford, Thomas Function, Waves Of Fury, etc. More at www.alivenergy.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

THOMAS FUNCTION - Sailor Jerry

04/22/2008

Thomas Function - 'Celebration' LP/CD

Thomas Function - 'Celebration' LP/CD

In the past week I've gotten about 20 new LPs, half as many 7"s and a handful of CDs and haven't listen to any of them because I can't stop playing this CD. I play it on every car trip and listen to it when I'm messing around on the computer. When my stereo isn't playing one of it's many great songs, my head is. It's easily one of the most infectious records released in quite some time.

Thomas Function are based in Alabama and while their singles hinted at brilliance I really had no idea what I was getting into when I first spun this disc, their debut full-length. The album's songs meander through different textures and genres like you're flipping through an amazing record collection: TF channels the best bits from the best records of the past 40 years and seamlessly integrates each throughout the course of 'Celebration's 42 minutes

At this point I've spent hours with 'Celebration' and it's quite simply a perfect pop record. And I'll be damned if we don't feature a track on our upcoming CD compilation.

Although just released, Alive Records already went through the first press of vinyl and are on to the second. Get your ass over there now and make sure you get a copy. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't.
The Sailor Jerry

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.